You may have heard people say that direct mail is better than email and think why? Especially when online marketing can be a more cost-effective solution for most businesses to spread the word about a particular product or service.
You may even be sat there thinking “Does anyone still read direct mail?’ and “Aren’t postage rates outrageous?”. Here at The Direct Mail Company, we want to share a few facts and statistics with you to show why sending marketing mail is still a worthwhile investment for your business.
Let’s start with the facts:
- Advertising mail delivers, on average £14 return on investment for every £1 spent
- Consumer advertising is estimated to generate nearly £27 billion worth of business a year (a 2.3% increase)
- 60% of consumer advertising mail is opened and 40% is read
- 56% of consumers have purchased after receiving advertising mail – warm mailings perform best, with 38% of consumers buying from these at some point.
- Business managers open 82% of the advertising mail they receive
When strategically integrating your direct mail with your online channels it is certainly effective.
What Makes Direct Mail So Effective?
- Direct marketing allows you to target specific types of customers
Every business has a specific audience they would like to target their campaign at. This can be defined by their age, location, income level, education status, hobbies and more. If you aim your marketing mail campaign at your target audience, you’ll obviously generate better results from your campaign if you aim your advertisements at only these customers.
- Marketing mail campaigns help you make the most of every marketing pound spent
Being able to create targeted direct mailing list translates directly into savings for your business. You won’t need to waste money on advertising to those who have no real interest in your business. Therefore, you can customise the nature of your direct mail and tailor your marketing message more effectively.
- A direct marketing campaign produces results
You can easily track the success of your marketing campaign. The success is measured by how many new customers you attract, vouchers redeemed or visits to a custom landing page.
- Marketing mail can be personalised
Another reason why mailshots are so effective is it can be personalised. The Direct Mail Association has previously estimated that personalisation will improve a direct mail campaign ROI by anywhere between 300% to 1000%.
Contact The Direct Mail Company
At the Direct Mail Company, we would love to hear from you to discuss a future marketing mail campaign for your business. Our aim is to provide you with stress free service, giving us the opportunity to take control of your direct mail so, that you can have confidence in a seamless service, with your mail printed, enclosed and delivered on time. Every time. If you would like to just use us for cheap bulk postage rates then please contact us for rates.
If you would like to find out more about how the Direct Mail Company can help you with your next campaign please contact us today on 0808 2533807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.