Every year businesses throw more and more money into digital marketing, but direct mail is still an effective marketing tool for your business. In fact, direct mail marketing is actually one of the most viable and proven strategies to attract the attention of your target audience. Sending out a personalised direct mail campaign will increase response rates by over 30% – Wow!
Sending out a generic “me too” campaign won’t give your business the return on investment you’re looking for. We have summarised a number of ways a business can send out a personalised direct mail campaign that actually delivers:
How to send out personalised direct mail campaigns?
Personalising your campaign with personal information is one of the most obvious and frequently used example of personalisation:
- Name and address – This is the simplest form of personalisation to a mailshot. It shows you are aware of the customer’s name and address and it isn’t just a mass mailing to generate leads for your business.
- Gender – Personalise the campaign by gender when there is likely to be a difference in gender response
- Personalise offers and promotions – Create bespoke offers and promotions for your customers based on their buying habits. For example: offers which are personalised base on the customer’s interests or past purchases, upsell and cross sell products.
- Location – Entice your customer to join people with similar interests who buy the same things. For example, neighbours have purchased your product or service and they shouldn’t miss out.
- Special events – An effective way to connect with your customers is by segmenting your lists. For example, if you collect customer birthday data you can send them happy birthday messages and send them a special offer or gift which with will nurture the relationship.
Segmenting your customer database will help you create a successful personalised direct mail campaign. For example, you could segment based on behavioural patterns or their location which will help you develop brand loyalty.
Personalised Direct Mail – The Direct Mail Company
Here at The Direct Mail Company, we create personalised direct mail that delivers results. We have a range of personalised mailing solutions available for both transactional and advertising mail.