Direct mail marketing campaigns remain a key tool in the overall marketing plans of businesses across the world. When executed correctly, direct mail marketing strategies can be a great way of gaining visibility with measurable results. So what are effective direct mail marketing strategies?
What Are Effective Direct Mail Marketing Strategies?
An effective direct mail marketing strategy will help your business get put on the map by the recipients. Sending out items like postcards or letters can really help people understand what your business is about and what services you offer. How will you be a benefit to the customers? What do you want the recipients to do with your direct mail piece? These are questions you should be asking yourself when planning and executing a direct mail campaign.
7 Effective Direct Mail Marketing Strategies That Actually Work
- Think about the design: Everything you put on your direct mail piece has a reflection of your brand. You can support your content with good design that will help boost your credibility and engage the potential customer’s attention to you.
- Make it personal: Personalise your prospecting or promotional letter. Addressing the customer by name may help attract attention to you. It also shows you went the extra mile Personal touches will help you stand out.
- Be authentic: You can avoid any messages that look like you’re trying to be making a sale straight away, people can see this from a mile away. Explain your offer truthfully so people are more likely to respond.
- Create a direct and easy call to action: What do you want your customer to do? Call you? Schedule a consultation? Visit your physical store? Be clear and direct with your piece and maybe think about creating a sense of urgency by letting customers that supplies are limited.
- Use simple language: Think about your piece of mail as a one to one communication. Think about making your content in straightforward language. You could write it as if you’re talking to them face to face.
- Be consistent: Companies see the highest response rate from their campaign when they integrate it with other marketing methods. One single mailing does not make the campaign. Be ready to send out a whole series of mailings so you can create a better rate of response.
- Don’t be afraid of sending postcards: Postcard marketing is an effective way to promote your business, product, service or event. Postcards outperform other mailing formats and have a response rate of 42% meaning they will increase the ROI of your direct marketing campaign.
Direct Mail Marketing Strategies
The Direct Mail Company is a professional mailing house based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We provide a wide range of mail fulfilment services to small and large clients in the UK and overseas. Our mail fulfilment services include: bespoke data cleansing, printing and mail, mail enclosing, bulk postage and returns management.
Here at The Direct Mail Company, we aim to provide an outstanding hassle-free mail fulfilment service for your business at the best possible price. We offer unbeatable bulk postage rates we guaranteed to be cheaper than stamps, franking and mailmark franking. By using DSA providers including Whistl, UKMail and Citipost we can access the cheapest postage rates in the industry. Royal Mail will always delivery the final mile of your mail making us a great alternative to Royal Mail for letters. If you would a quote on your direct mail marketing campaign please call us on 0808 156 0115 or simply email email@example.com with your request.