Direct mail marketing campaigns remain a key tool in the overall marketing plans of businesses worldwide.
When executed correctly, direct mail marketing strategies can greatly gain visibility with measurable results. So what are effective direct mail marketing strategies?
What Are Effective Direct Mail Marketing Strategies?
An effective direct mail marketing strategy will help the recipients put your business on the map.
Sending out items like postcards or letters can help people understand what your business is about and what services you offer.
How will you benefit the customers? What do you want the recipients to do with your direct mail piece? When planning and executing a direct mail campaign, these are questions you should ask yourself.
7 Effective Direct Mail Marketing Strategies That Work
- Think about the design: Everything you put on your direct mail piece has a reflection of your brand. You can support your content with a good design that will help boost your credibility and engage the potential customer’s attention to you.
- Make it personal: Personalise your prospecting or promotional letter. Addressing the customer by name may help attract attention to you. It also shows you went the extra mile. Personal touches will help you stand out.
- Be authentic: You can avoid any messages that look like you’re trying to make a sale straight away. People can see this from a mile away. Explain your offer truthfully so people are more likely to respond.
- Create a direct and easy call to action: What do you want your customer to do? Call you. Schedule a consultation. Visit your physical store? Be clear and direct with your piece, and maybe think about creating a sense of urgency by letting customers know that supplies are limited.
- Use simple language: Think about your mail as a one-to-one communication. Think about making your content in straightforward language. You could write it as if you’re talking to them face to face.
- Be consistent: Companies see the highest response rate from their campaign when they integrate it with other marketing methods. One single mailing does not make the campaign. Be ready to send out a whole series of mailings to create a better response rate.
- Don’t be afraid of sending postcards: Postcard marketing effectively promotes your business, product, service or event. Postcards outperform other mailing formats and have a response rate of 42%, meaning they will increase the ROI of your direct marketing campaign.
Direct Mail Marketing Strategies
The Direct Mail Company is a professional mailing house. We provide a wide range of mail fulfilment services to small and large clients in the UK and overseas. Our mail fulfilment services include bespoke data cleansing, printing and mail, mail enclosing, bulk postage and returns management.
Here at The Direct Mail Company, we aim to provide an outstanding hassle-free mail fulfilment service for your business at the best possible price. We offer unbeatable bulk postage rates we guarantee to be cheaper than stamps, franking and mail mark franking. By using DSA providers, including Whistl, UKMail and Citipost, we can access the cheapest postage rates in the industry. Royal Mail will always deliver the final mile of your mail, making us a great alternative to Royal Mail for letters.
If you would like a quote on your direct mail marketing campaign, please call us on 0808 156 0115 or email email@example.com with your request.