Direct mail is the perfect communications tool for raising awareness of your business, promoting your products, services and special offers and building customer relationships.
There are lots of ways to get creative with direct mail these days. You need to grab the attention of your audience’s but don’t forget that a well-written letter with a strong offer may do just the job. It all depends on your market, your brand and your offer. Get it right, and your direct mail could help you retain your customers for the future – and that’s a nice position to be in – so it’s worth spending time on.
Make sure you get these right:
- The proposition – is it the same for all recipients, or targeted? Is it simple and easy to understand?
- The offer – it’s a good idea to test which incentives work best for your market.
- Copywriting and design – take inspiration from examples of direct mail you think to work well.
- Testing – try things out to see what work.
- The call to action – be clear about how the recipient can respond.
We can help with all these.
There are three elements to producing your direct mail:
- Printing – of the mailer itself and the envelope
- Personalisation – personalise your mailing for your recipients.
- Folding and inserting – folder inserters can be done at 4000 per hour.
Postage can take up a fair proportion of your budget if it isn’t fully thought through. Being clever about the size of your mailing (A5 and under is more cost-effective) and batch quantity (over 500 items in a single mailing will attract a discount.
Because we are a double-sided company, offering 1st class design and marketing through our sister company Jam Marketing & Media, print solutions and direct mail through us, we can offer great savings, professional service, a quick turnaround and everything done under one roof.
Direct mail marketing done right can make a huge difference to your business.