Direct mail remains one of the most effective marketing techniques to engage with your customers.
If you’re looking for ways to increase your response rates, check out our 10 key tips below.
10 Tips To Increase Direct Mail Response Rates
Here are The Direct Mail Company’s top 10 tips to increase direct mail response rates:
- Segment Your Database. Analysing your database and segmenting your data into lists is a great way to increase your direct mail response rates. Segmenting your database means you can send out targeted mailshots to more relevant recipients meaning you’re more likely to get a response from your campaign.
- Use A Professional Design. Your direct mail campaign is a representation of your business. Use a professional design to entice your recipient to open and read it. Standing out from the crowd of post on the recipient’s doormat will increase the chance of them taking action.
- Define A Clear Offer and Call To Action. Before sending your direct mail campaign, you need to know what you want your mailshot to achieve. Once you’ve decided on your goal, you need to align this with your offer and call to action. For example, if you want to sell more, then including a unique offer with a redeemable code to use on your website or in-store will encourage customers to purchase from you.
- Personalise Your Mailshot. Sending a personalised direct mail campaign will increase response rates by over 30% – Impressive! It is one of the best ways to get people to read your mailshot. You can personalise the salutation, content and image of the direct mail campaign. Check out our ways to create personalised direct mail.
- Tell The Recipient What They Want To Know. Make sure your marketing message is clear and to the point. If a recipient is taking the time to read your message, you need to tell them what they want to know.
- Be Original. You want to make sure your direct mail campaign is unique and stands out from the crowd. Some clients choose to send their campaigns in colourful envelopes like yellow and red.
- Integrate Your Direct Mail Into A Bigger Marketing Campaign. Integrating your direct mail campaign with other marketing activities can significantly improve your return on investment.
- Incorporate Technology Into Your Direct Mail Campaign. Incorporating technology into your direct mail campaign will make it easier for people to access your website and increase your response rates. Adding a QR code to your campaign is an easy and simple way of getting customers to engage with your business.
- Send Targeted Communication. Sending out mailshots to a targeted mailing list will generate high response rates. Make sure you are investing time and resources into effective customer targeting.
- Send Follow-up Direct Mail Pieces.
Increase Your Response Rates With The Direct Mail Company
The Direct Mail Company is a professional mailing house based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
We provide an end to end service taking the hassle out of direct mail providing you with clear pricing, dedicated account managers and your mail delivered on time, every time with Royal Mail always delivering the final mile.