How much does a direct mail campaign cost?
Direct mail is an effective way to communicate with your customers and potential prospects.
Get a quotation online by clicking here for your next direct-mail campaign
With the General Data Protection Regulation now in place, more marketers are choosing to send mailshot campaigns to their databases.
Proving that direct mail is marketing a comeback, with many businesses recognising the benefits of sending a targeted campaign.
Direct mail has a response rate of 30 times that of email which means it is more cost-effective to send personalised mail campaigns to databases as an opportunity to develop relationships and build your business.
This article shows you how much a direct mail campaign costs.
How Much Does A Marketing Direct Mail Campaign Cost?
How much a direct mail campaign costs depends on what the mailpiece is and how many recipients you will send it to.
A direct mail campaign can cost anything from £0.30 to more than £5 per item.
The cost of the campaign depends on how much you spend on design, mailing lists, printing and distribution.
Outsourcing your direct mail campaign to a professional mailing house is the most cost-effective solution.
You will only need to pay a fee for the required services by outsourcing the work.
Direct Mail Campaign Cost – How much is direct marketing?
Direct mail marketing is the most expensive form of advertising at a cost per thousand.
However, it is estimated that in the UK, over £2 billion is spent on mailshots each year.
Highlight that, although expensive, it can generate fantastic results for your business.
Here we break down the costs of direct mail marketing:
- Design Costs – Design can cost anything from £0 -£100 depending on whether you hire a professional, use a template or do it yourself.
- Marketing Content Costs – How much it costs to write the content for your mail piece can range from £0 – £100. You may write your own marketing content or hire a copywriter to create persuasive content for your piece.
- Mailing List Costs – If you already have an established database, it will cost you £0 to put the mailing list together. However, if you would like to target new prospects, you can expect to pay £0.03 to £0.20 per record. This cost depends on the quality of the data and how many records you would like to buy.
- Print Costs – Printing costs will vary depending on the following: printing in black & white or colour, quality of paper, paper size, number of pages, single or double-sided and the quantity of the print. As a rough estimate, you can expect to pay anything from £0.02 – £1.50 per person.
- Distribution Costs – Postage is the biggest area you can save money when sending a direct mail campaign. The more items you mail, the more discount you will get on your postage. For postage, you can expect to pay anything from £0.25 to £2 per item.
Direct Mail Campaign Costs From The Direct Mail Company
The Direct Mail Company is a professional mailing house that offers 5* customer service throughout the mailing process.
Our mail fulfilment services are trusted by various small and large clients in the UK and overseas.
We aim to take the hassle out of your mailshot campaign by providing an end-to-end service with clear pricing, a dedicated account manager and your mail delivered on time, every time.
Our direct mail services include printing solutions, mail fulfilment and bulk postage rates.
Many of our clients come to us to save money on their postage.
By taking advantage of our bulk postage rates, you will save a significant amount on postage costs.
Due to the high volumes of direct mail and leaflet distribution, we send each year, we will offer you the lowest possible postage rates for your bulk mail. We do this by using DSA providers such as Whistl, Citipost and UKMail.
These companies complete the sortation for Royal Mail which is how we achieve the lowest postage rates.
For more information on outsourcing your direct mail campaigns to The Direct Mail Company, please call us on 0808 156 0115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.