Mailshot campaigns have been used for many years as an effective way of easily contacting customers at an affordable price. There is a long history of successful direct mailshot campaigns.
In this article, we highlight how you can create a successful direct mailshot campaign.
Creating A Successful Mailshot Campaign
Using a mailshot to write to your customers and prospects is an effective way to promote your business, product, service or event.
For years marketers have seen direct mail as an outdated channel for contacting consumers, but it is still one of the best options to send promotions and offers directly into the hands of consumers.
What Is A Mailshot
A mailshot is a term used for a direct marketing communication method. Businesses contact a large group of customers and prospects through via the post.
Typical mail shot formats are letters and postcards.
Tips When Sending A Mailshot Campaign
Here are The Direct Mail Company’s 5 tips when creating a successful mailshot campaign:
- Eye Catching Headings – Start the mailshot with eye-catching headings which grabs the recipient’s attention from the start
- Interesting Content – Don’t waste your audience’s time by sending out a confusing marketing message. If someone is willing to give you a chance by reading your material make sure the content is as interesting as possible
- Clear Call To Action – Make sure it is clear to the reader what you would like them to do then they are more likely to take action
- Include Incentives – Including special offers and vouchers in the campaign which are only available through the mailshot will entice the reader to take action
- Include Contact Details – Although it sounds obvious don’t forget to include all your contact details so, so the recipient knows where they can contact you. If applicable to your business you want to include: website; telephone number, business address, email address and social media profiles
Sending A Mailshot Campaign With The Direct Mail Company
The Direct Mail Company is a professional mailing house based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
We specialise in the UK and International mail fulfilment for a variety of small and large organisations in the UK and overseas.
We provide an end to end service taking the hassle out of direct mail by providing you with clear pricing, dedicated account manager and your mail delivered on time, every time.
Our services include printing services, mail fulfilment and bulk postage rates.
By taking advantage of our bulk postage rates, you will save a significant amount of money on postage costs.
Due to the high volume of mail, we send out each year we will get you the lowest possible rates on bulk postage using DSA providers including Whistl, Citipost and UKMail.
These companies complete the sortation for Royal Mail which is how we achieve the lowest postage rates.
For more information on our direct mail fulfilment services, please call us on 0808 156 0115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.